I need to have ***ALL*** these questions answered

History:
In order to impliment S/MIME It was my understanding that all one had
to do was browse to thawte, apply for a key, export it from the
browser to a file called pfx.pfx Import pfx.pfx to the VCard, Create a
new contact(ie. you) under TRUSTED ROOT CA and the universe S/MIME
should be in harmony.

Comment:
a pipe dream?  -

I am not blind, I have eyes, I tweak on things and I try different
options out and FIND what I need. I don't ever ask for help on
ANYTHING I keep trying and find it, but if it AINT THERE It AINT my
fault.

Terms are being thrown out that have no definition[s] (unless you
PRESS someone), Thawte says one thing, Apache Server says another,
Tiny Webserver yet says another, the Tutorial on that website says
another, folks on the list say yet another, Rit says another.



I hear from Nick (thanks for the help BTW), there's a Private Key Box?

Where?
not in my Address book or the VCard

I hear there are some KEY ICONS, (not in my Address book or the Vcard)

So Where are they?

There is No KEY ICONS (not in my Address book or the Vcard)

What is the Create CSR button for?

Does the Create CSR button work?

Does the Create CSR button do anything at all except sit there doing
nothing?

Is it Broken if you hit it and you have a Certificate Highlighted in
there and nothing happens?

How many LINES are in the box when you import your certificate?

Three  Lines for ea imported Certificate?  Y/n=


Does this look right?
$$$ LDIF Clipboard format $$$
dn: cn=phil,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cn: phil
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
modifyTimeStamp: 20000724T172928Z
givenName: phil
comment:: DQo=
objectclass: top
objectclass: person


I heard about that tutorial on that website, HOW-TO import
SMIME keys (As was posted on TBBETA)  I went there, I also went to
Thawte and made a key in netscape 3.01, 4.73, Tiny Webserver, Apache
SSL mod, and MSIE 4  (at DIfferent times over the last SEVERAL Days
trying Different Combinations of getting a Certificate to import.)

I read the tutorial.

The tutorial is for what Operating System--Win2k?

none of the pictures in those boxes match my system.

They mention Advanced Radio Buttons in MSIE. Where?

There Are only THREE Buttons in MSIE ( I stated this earlier one of
the three is PERSONAL Certificates)

An ADVANCED BUTTON? WHERE

PFX, .P12  Blah - WHAT IS THE *****EXACT NAME***** THAT THE EXPORTED
FROM MSIE4 FILE SHOULD BE CALLED ANYWAY?

WHAT ABOUT IN NETSCAPE?

WHERE SHOULD THAT FILE BE STORED?

*****EXACTLY WHERE?*****

Can I store it on a CD for a year until it expires and then DELETE
MSE4 that I used to get the Certificate with?

Would the key look the same exported from netscape as it would from
MSIE?  No / YES?

WHY?

CAN I REMOVE IE4.  EVER?


I was told there would be Beta/13.
I wasn't told 145sm would come out. I wasn't told specifically NOT to
use it.

WILL THERE NOW BE a B/13?

Should I be waiting for beta 13?

Is there just No possible way to import these Certificates on a
Windows 98 (original) system with IE4?

Is something being overlooked which is specific to my setup?

Do I have to have an original stock Path to Thebat's HOME directory?

ie.
(C:\Program Files\Thebat!\Thebat.exe  as opposed to

i:\mail\0\mail\new\thebat\thebat.exe or

i:\mail\0\mail\thebat\thebat.exe)  ?



Netscape 4.73 (128 bit) - HAS NO EXPORT button.  Netscape 3.0X Does,
but the File won't import.  Why?

The Certificates I generated via the webserver[s] (that's PLURAL!)
time out in 21 days.  They were invalid, and could not be imported.
Why?

Apparently these keys are not Free either! Why suggest we get them if
they are not free?

Somewhere(earlier on) I heard that you had to import the keys into the
PGP Key Manager....... Where did that thread go?  Why would we want to
do that?  (Actually I was able to get a "Webserver Certificate"
Imported into the PGP Key Manager, and then there was an error when
connecting to MIT and importing Thawte's Pgp Keys.  ( a whole lot of
keys there are I might add! )  I deleted this key.  Should I Have?  It
said something was wrong, I don't want something wrong in my PGP
Key's do I?

What does my PGP KEY Manager have to do with S/MIME Anyway?
Nothing?
Everything?
Anything?

Obviously from my Taglines I originally had a 98 (original), not SE,
and then 98lite, and then I ran ROM II on it which totally yanks out
IE and I put win95 shell in (Three files), Then for purposes of
getting a certificate I installed IE4.

Could my OS have something to do with this?  Can the Modifications
have something to do with it?

Regarding Thawte:

Does JAVA have anything to do with it?

Cookies?

Active-X?

Other Already EXISTING Security Certificates inside the browser?



Regarding Requesting Certificates:

When Requesting KEYS on Thawte, There are three keys to select from
Right?

Has anyone got any of the other two keys?

Has anyone got a Key Can not be made error?

Has anyone got any key other than the default key?

Has anyone got any key other than the key on the TOP of the drop down
menu?


Is anyone else having problems still?

Am I the only one now?

Should there be more questions in this list?

-- 
... Livin after midnight, Rockin with The Bat!, lovin till the dawn  - Judas Priest
--- The Bat! 1.45 Beta/11+98Lite+ROM II+IE4+Beta/+9/+10/+11+12+145sm

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------
View the TBBETA archive at http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
To send a message to the list moderation team double-click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Unsubscribe from TBBETA, double-click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--------------------------------------------------------------


You are subscribed as : [email protected]


Reply via email to