p>> I hear from Nick (thanks for the help BTW), there's a Private Key
p>> Box?  Where? not in my Address book or the VCard

LG> I believe the private key box is the one mentioned in the step where
LG> you are exporting the key from the browser.
heh, the only dialog I had was asking for a password and a filename.

p>> I hear there are some KEY ICONS, (not in my Address book or the
p>> Vcard) So Where are they?

LG> Account Properties/Edit Personal VCard/Certificates tab

LG> See the attached key.jpg to see what it is supposed to look like (Top
LG> entry)
I do not have those keys, I have the icon behind those keys, but not
the key superimposed on it.
<see snap4.jpg (vCard), and snap3.jpg(address entry)>


p>> The tutorial is for what Operating System--Win2k?
LG> Worked flawlessly for me under Win98SE

p>> none of the pictures in those boxes match my system.
LG> To be honest, I didn't even really look at the pics, just followed the
LG> text.

p>> They mention Advanced Radio Buttons in MSIE. Where?
LG> Tools/Internet Options/Content tab. Middle right side.
There is NO TOOLS PERIOD.  There is VIEW | Internet Options |
<snap.jpg>   Three buttons like I said.  Personal; Authorities;
Publishers.  Click on Personal and <snap1.jpg> is what you get.

p>> There Are only THREE Buttons in MSIE ( I stated this earlier one of
How else can I explain by not having a picture.

p>> the three is PERSONAL Certificates)
LG> On the above mentioned tab, I've got five buttons.
LG> Import, Export, Remove, Advanced, and View

See Attached <snap1.jpg> I also would like to note that I had been
asked to send my KEY to RIT, and then revoke my key, however as you
can see there is NO POSSIBLE WAY FOR ME TO REMOVE CERTIFICATES.
<Snap1.jpg>  So, to keep testing, I will have a box full of
indistinguishable revoked Certificates.  Right now there are only two
and I have the footprint of the good one.

p>> PFX, .P12 Blah - WHAT IS THE *****EXACT NAME***** THAT THE EXPORTED
p>> FROM MSIE4 FILE SHOULD BE CALLED ANYWAY?

LG> Mine saved to a .pfx
Yeah, i typed in pfx, and it saved to pfx.pfx

p>> CAN I REMOVE IE4.  EVER?
LG> Darn good question. Seems like so much web stuff relies on IE
LG> nowadays.
I meant in regards to this certificate thing, I have no need for IE
other than this certificate deal.  I do no use software that requires
IE.  I just don't use it period.

p>> Is there just No possible way to import these Certificates on a
p>> Windows 98 (original) system with IE4?
LG> Now, here's whereI think your problem lies. You might need to do this
LG> with IE5. I can't prove this, unless someone else has IE4 installed,
LG> but the tutorial matched my IE5 stuff under Win98SE just fine.
Man, that's a 70MB download isn't it?

p>> Apparently these keys are not Free either! Why suggest we get them if
p>> they are not free?
LG> The certificate I got from Thawte is free, and I've gotten multiple
LG> ones for multiple addresses. Maybe you mean the server certificates.
LG> That I don't know about.
did you Try to get a certificate for Tiny Web like Max suggested I do?
I got the certificate.  It is only good for 21 days.  A trial.


p>> Somewhere(earlier on) I heard that you had to import the keys into
p>> the PGP Key Manager....... Where did that thread go? Why would we
p>> want to do that? (Actually I was able to get a "Webserver
p>> Certificate" Imported into the PGP Key Manager, and then there was
p>> an error when connecting to MIT and importing Thawte's Pgp Keys. (
p>> a whole lot of keys there are I might add! ) I deleted this key.
p>> Should I Have? It said something was wrong, I don't want something
p>> wrong in my PGP Key's do I?

LG> Yes, I did import my certificate into PGP keys. It went as expected,
LG> and serves as a signing of that key. The more signers you have for a
LG> PGP key, the more likely it will be trusted by someone who doesn't
LG> personally know you.
Was this the Private Certificate pfx.pfx   ?



-- 
... If your a swinger, then you need The Bat!
--- The Bat! 1.45 Beta/11+98Lite+ROM II+IE4+Beta/+9/+10/+11
-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------
View the TBBETA archive at http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
To send a message to the list moderation team double-click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Unsubscribe from TBBETA, double-click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--------------------------------------------------------------


You are subscribed as : [email protected]

snap.jpg

snap1.jpg

snap3.jpg

snap4.jpg

Reply via email to