Ira,

> Hello Gleason,

> Monday, July 15, 2019, 9:55:49 PM, you wrote:

> You do embedded work.  I bet you are paid well, and you can afford
> the luxury of jumping on an airplane to fix somebody's problem.
> Yes, I do embedded work. I own the company, so I can do what I want
> and yes I could afford it, but out of more than twenty thousand
> users only 5 had the problem so like many other companies, I could
> have ignored it, but I can't. Companies who don't want bugs, work at
> getting rid of them. It's a task that has to be done and yet many
> authors consider it drudge work. I made my living working on custom
> accounting systems for small businesses fixing other peoples broken
> code, I think it's fun, that's seemingly rare, but it has to be done.

> Or eventually, even the loyal ones will leave.

And go where?

I don't think Rit Labs can be accused of ignoring bugs.  I can
remember some years ago when The Bat's imap was quite buggy.  Much
better now.  Thanks for that Rit.

Sometimes reported bugs remain because the developers can't reproduce
them.  Sometimes a perceived bug is really a design choice.

I don't think it is fair to compare the necessary choices of a less
profitable business with a hugely profitable one.

It seems to me that Rit Labs is an economic marvel.  They have
produced the best product on the market and remain viable in a niche
that many others have found bankrupting.

--

Gleason

'Using TBBETA' information: