Ira,

> Hello Lüko,

> Sunday, July 21, 2019, 8:34:03 AM, you wrote:

>  That's OK, but I also understand from your statement that you do
> not understand the MIME structure of today's emails in the first place.
> I'm a user, not an author. I don't care one tiny bit about rules or
> structures having to do with how email is formatted for
> transmission. I just want to read, send, organize filter and search my emails.

> All that stuff you're arguing about has nothing to do with the
> users of an email program. If it just reasonably displayed the email
> without all the tabs and attachments showing all the individual
> pieces and inline pictures and other noise id would be better at
> being an email program. It does all the filtering, searching and
> organizing stuff as well or better than anything, but it falls
> behind on the most basic requirement of just displaying an email so
> it's easy to read and understand. I don't care if other programs are
> broken and make life hard, that's not my problem. It just makes the
> puzzle a bit harder, but solvable.

> There is so much time spent dissecting and arguing about why it
> works the way it does or why it can't work the way it should, but
> that's all noise.  Just make it work like every other email program
> ever written.

Yes, that is one way.  There is also something to be said for trying
to improve on the way other programs do things.  Not that The Bat's handling of
attachments is an improvement.  Sometimes, one person's improvement is
another person's unnecessary complication.  That would be the person
who doesn't want to learn a new way.  Rather than resist change, I
think people sometimes simply don't want to be bothered with new
learning.  They are busy enough.  It gets difficult for developers who
want to attract new users with new ideas.  Of course, new users
aren't resistant since they don't have a previous way of doing
things that seems good enough.

--

Gleason

'Using TBBETA' information: