On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 8:48:59 PM UTC+2, Sarath Addanki wrote:

> Ciao TiddlyTweeter,
>
> Github is more than code management. It's used for project management,
> defects board, discussions, Devops, Wiki.

We did use the main github repo for discussions about new TW options and
ideas, several years ago, and it completely failed. ... In the main repo it
isn't maintainable for developers.

In the main repo devs want to have "actionable" issues. .. aka bugs AND
Pull Requests + Code reviews. ... that's basically it.

>From my point of view, there are already too many open issues, that go back
to 2013. ... Many of them are tagged "newfeature", "improvement" and
"discussion" ... Those issues can't be closed, since most of them are still
valid. ..

At github closed issue is a *resolved *or *rejected *issue. .. IMO there is
no other option atm.

 - None of the open issues are rejected. ... They would have been closed
with label "wontfix" ... They are valid, so wontfix doesn't really fit.

 - Many of the open issues are resolved but not closed, since only the
"creator of the issue" and the "repo owner" can close them :/

>From time to time me or someone else "floods" issue-creators and Jeremy
with "Please close this issue" "bumps", with varying success. Many issue
creators don't listen anymore and Jeremy has better things to do.

So for me the best thing we have to discuss new features, and develop new
ideas is this group. ... It may not be the best solution, but it's "good
enough" that it works.

My thoughts!

------------------

 - We do have a Gitter account: https://gitter.im/TiddlyWiki
 - We do have a Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7jHevu

IMO both channels are good for unrelated chat, but that's it.
I personally look at them, may be once a week.

So from my point of view, the fastest way to get a response in a "topic
related thread" is here.

 - There is Twitter: https://twitter.com/TiddlyWiki
 - There is reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5/

I personally don't use and reply to them.

My behaviour!

have fun!
mario