Hi Dave,

There probably need to be 3 document paths: User, Advanced User, Developer.

Each bit of documentation could include the version it was written for.
Then the reader could decide if what they're reading is applicable.

Adding better use-cases would be much more tempting with a MediaWiki (or
some other Wiki/Blogging tool).

Github is a pain, but not as much as waiting 6 to 12 weeks to see your
stuff submitted.

A MediaWiki type solution would allow people to get stuff out there while
attention spans are still focused. Then no one could deny they said
(promised?) it.

When TiddlyFox stops working, you should be able to save with the fall-back
mechanism, which operates as a series of downloads. For any one session it
feels just like it does now. But when you start a new session, you need to
copy over the last TW you saved to your starting folder/site. I can imagine
a script of some type helping to automate the process.

Probably coming up with a good workflow will be important for beginners
when the changes occur. The thing to understand is that, since the very
beginning, TW has been doing something that's considered a no-no in the
security world: Saving copies of itself to the hard drive. In the past it
used various loop-holes, developer's backdoors, java code and extensions.
Over time the browser developers have become more serious about security
and having been closing the loop-holes.

I doubt the confusing code elements are going to change, because too much
of the system has been built on them. But having documentation that
highlights these ambiguities would allow users to more readily thread their
way through DIY solutions.

Pax,
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/50be35f7-0e6c-447c-b5e0-8751f0500c84%40googlegroups.com.