On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 9:34:11 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> BUT could you clarify if someone made a stellar TW APP they would need to
> JOIN GitHub in your vision? OR are you suggesting that you would broker
> wider publishing of great TW APPS bricolaged outside GitHub?
>

> I do think THAT is an issue in this.

It IS an issue, because it would be a compromise. My proposal for github is
that it is the best compromise I can come up with if tiddlywiki.com is not
available.

> The QUESTION of whether the AUTEUR is also the PUBLISHER?

Who else? I'm not saying it can't be anyone else, but I'm just thinking
that it is realistically unlikely that someone would want to take wider
responsibility. I am emphasizing "actually make this be real as opposed to
hypothetically" to move us away from pipe dreams.

A consensus on Github would mean people have a clearer understanding on
what it takes to "publish a TW app" (assuming they want their app to be
part of this consensus). Currently everyone does his/her own thing like a
chicken on the loose. We totally miss out on synergy.

If we have a consensus on Github then the skilled among us might just feel
it would be worth it to create a solution for simpler publishing of TWs on
Github, thereby lowering the threshold to be both the auteur and the
publisher. (BTW, I believe @Danielo already did some work on this).

IMO much more will be achieved in recognising that author's of work are
> NOT, often, their best (or interested) promoters.

Exactly!!! That is why it makes sense to keep things as framed inside the
consensus as possible. For example; "if you publish it on github as opposed
to anywhere else, then you automatically get the github tools for sharing
but you also get our community tidbits such as the TW-promo-plugin and the
standard texts to put on the github page that makes both your app and the
other TW-apps get higher ranks because they're 'synced'.

If you're NOT interested in promoting, then the easiest thing should be to
'join the consensus'.

SO, good people, what would it take to do this on github? How could such a
thing be organized? What tools do we have at our disposal? Would TW
developers be at all interested or is everyone really a lone cowboy? There
are clearly people who simply enjoy creating cool stuff in TW and
publishing it for the sake of it (I'm one of them) so I think it could work
if it is in an infrastructure that doesn't get outdated even if it only
slowly is contributed to.

Again, [something like] Github is probably more or less a "practical
requisite" for entry points to actually work. Compare it to Apples "app
store" perhaps. It's the closest thing I can come up with (since my
previous main attempt with TWederation has not worked out.)

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4f2b1f13-1c41-4d10-9d75-8129e27826bb%40googlegroups.com.