Neil C Smith wrote:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 at 15:08 José J. Rodriguez <jose.rodrig...@cenpalab.cu <mailto:jose.rodrig...@cenpalab.cu>> wrote:

    Anyway, it seems to me that "capitalism" has actually proven not to be a
    good role model for software development, see Windows bugs and backdoors
    vs. Linux security,

I realise you put it in quotation marks, but can we please stop perpetuating this myth of the equivalence of capitalism and closed-source software.  I mean, Linux is mostly developed by corporations, including Microsoft, right?!

Yes, that was what my quotation marks were trying to express, but you put it much more clearly and directly in this and a previous post. And just to be clear myself, I mean this as a compliment and with absolutely zero sarcasm intended.

Joe1962