In theory yes but in practice as soon as someone comes along and uses a
license, they grow and apache dies. Who wants to do business with dying
dependencies? Answer: NO ONE
    On Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 13:44:47 GMT, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 2:34 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...That's what Apache NetBeans is all about,
> providing software development features to serve those who want to make use
> of them...

And that use might include making money with NetBeans - consulting,
training, selling specific plugins, that's all fine with the Apache
License.

A few years ago, someone sold the source code of httpd as a printed
book, tagged as "the ultimate reference to httpd".

Not very useful IMO but ok w.r.t the Apache project, provided
trademarks are respected, the provenance of the works is clear and
appropriate credit is given. That's an extreme case of "embracing
capitalism" I guess, I hope people find better ways to make money from
our projects, but the ASF is basically friendly to business as long as
it happens elsewhere - so that we can stay (fiercely) independent.

-Bertrand