Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
The answer is very simple: I'm currently working on other things.

And as long as there isn't at least a (graphics) card that supports
decoding the "good old" MPEG2 in a quality that is at least as good
as that of the FF DVB cards, as well as decoding H.264/HDTV in *hardware*,
this whole area has next to no priority for me. I am not interested in
software decoding this stuff - I don't want to have an extra heater
in my living room ;-)

Klaus

Hi Klaus. I'm a big fan of you, VDR and Eagle since many years. I always
agree with your postings and read them with great interest, but this is
the first time I have to disagree. My VDR livingroom client consumes
30-35W from AC mains when running sw mpeg2 SD decode, deinterlace and
scaling. Using Reinhards patches to play h.264 720p it increases to
40-45W, while my LCD runs at about 125W. So using modern pc hardware,
software decoding doesn't really create a heater in my opinion. I'm sure
an old 450MHz K6 uses more than that.

My setup:
AMD BE-2300: €70
Abit AN-M2HD: €80
1GB no-name DDR2: €20
Mini-box picoPSU-80: €50
total: €220

btw Klaus: I'm an everyday Cadsoft Eagle user since five years and I
still haven't had a single crash or even found a bug in it. Having used
all the high-end E-CAD system there is I can say that this is unheard of
in the industry. I guess you have something to do with that, or what is
your position at Cadsoft?

/Magnus Hörlin