I will bug one of my friends who has w fuel injected bug. I know he did it
budget minded and used megasquirt. Think he used some fox body mustang
parts and milled up a crank trigger wheel.

Strangely thinking FI and vws makes me think of Sharkey. That car just got
parted out a short time ago after being in storage for a decade.... time
flies.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019, 7:09 AM No Quarter <sil...@beatricene.com wrote:

> [...]
> I was forever running behind the power curve.  Traded straight across for
> Gene Berg 3 angle valve job stock valves and the power came in where I
> wanted it.  The guy I'm looking for was building stroker engines for the
> bus crowd and he told me all he did was pull the venturi and up the main
> jet one size.  He could tune it up and off he went.  I've never had a vw
> engine over 4K and in fact my bus would cruise 3600 to 3800 rpm all day
> long.  I suffered some low end losses with the freeway flyer and tall tires
> so that 1st hear takeoffs took a lot of revving to get going in the
> mountains and even around home.
>
> A friend of mine in Lake Havasu City and I had a chat years ago about him
> working on old propane powered trucks in the mines and how these big old 6
> cylinder trucks had such small valves.   They needed the increased port
> velocities down low for torque or they would never get anywhere.  He even
> bored out a set of 1300cc heads and put them on a stroker engine for fun
> and then put them on his single cab.  He let his friend drive it and his
> friend said it pulled like mad up to 35mph then fell flat on its face.
> What did you do?  Lol!
>
> It was an experiment to test the theory and for buses it it sound.   I
> need a conservative approach for my buses.  I know this is a type 1 list,
> but I feel more at home here and I think the low end of the torque spectrum
> is worth investigating for those who would like to build an engine and last
> a long term due to keeping the revs in check.
>
> I would love to venture into the world of fuel injection.   I'm fact, I
> would buy a plane ticket and pay someone who would let come to them and
> have them teach and school me in what I need to do.  I'm only interested in
> naturally aspirated setups and I'd love to know just what parts I could
> pull from the scrap heap to accomplish it.  I'd like to take notes, ask
> questions galore, get part numbers for the connectors and components, know
> how to create the correct fuel maps and so forth.  I don't want to spend
> countless hours reading forums, conjecture, wading through and endless sea
> of talk in an effort to sleuth out some magical recipe.   It's why I'm
> willing to pay someone who has found a good budget approach to fuel
> injection and has done all the research.  Since I can't seem to find
> someone willing to teach me, then I'm forced to monkey with the idea of a
> 34 pict on a stroker.
>
> I really mean it.  I would pay a worthy amount for the data to make it
> worth someone's while.  Once I knew the recipe, I could build whatever
> engine I wanted and fuel inject it no longer being bound by the chains and
> shackles of carburetors.  Unless the person teaching me specifically said
> to not talk about it, I would gladly put on a seminar to teach people how
> to do the same.
>
> After all, happiness is only real when shared.

  • Re: ... No Quarter
    • ... Mike Morehouse
      • ... 'meangreenparts' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
        • ... 'Timothy Osburn' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
      • ... No Quarter
        • ... Mike Morehouse
        • ... Jeffrey Bateman
        • ... Dave C. Bolen
  • Re: ... No Quarter
    • ... Kirin Jacobsen
      • ... No Quarter
    • ... Dave C. Bolen
      • ... No Quarter
      • ... 'Bruce Howard' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
        • ... Dave C. Bolen
          • ... No Quarter
        • ... No Quarter
          • ... Dean Johnson