My wife and I rekindled some old VW friendships in Lincoln, NE yesterday by attending the VW meeting unexpectedly at Dinos Bar and Brill. In the parking lot were the only 2 VWs - brave souls who dare venture into the weather!

There was a nice 23 window bus and a local guy from around here who has a yellow banana Vanagon with a 2.2ecotech conversion from a Chevy Cobalt.

I shared with many of these people Dave Bolen's kind gesture of offering to have me come down and get schooled in the ways of fuel injection. Several of the people I spoke with seemed genuinely interested and I think once I start doing the conversions on my dubs, more people will follow suit. It's just nice to know there is life after carbureted death on the type 1 engines.

Things are only complicated when you don't understand them. Once you understand them you realize that fear of the unknown was all that was stopping you.

Has anyone else here done anything recently on their Type 1s? I've been seeing these AMR500 superchargers online used for $100. I liked the DLI blowers and wanted one in the worst way. I thought man how cool would that be to just build a rock solid 1600cc engine and slap a blower on it. Tons of fun!

Stay warm gang - gonna be a cold blast the next couple of days.

NQ
--
Visit the VintagVW archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
  • Re: ... No Quarter
    • ... Kirin Jacobsen
      • ... No Quarter
    • ... Dave C. Bolen
      • ... No Quarter
      • ... 'Bruce Howard' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
        • ... Dave C. Bolen
          • ... No Quarter
        • ... No Quarter
          • ... Dean Johnson
            • ... 'Timothy Osburn' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
              • ... No Quarter
              • ... Dave C. Bolen
  • Re: ... 'Rayvwbug' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
    • ... No Quarter
    • ... Lloyd McClelland
      • ... Anil Nair
        • ... Kirin Jacobsen