Kirin thanks for hitting up your friend for info. I do own a small harborfreight lathe so I have no problems cobbling something up with that if I have to. If he is willing to do some kind of write-up, I can be reached here or even via facebook since we a FB friends (been reading your updates.)

Not to detract from Dave B's offer - I'm going to go get some hands-on training, but at this stage in the game, I'm open to what needs to be done to pull this off. FI will help make my VW engines fire and forget (I know I'm lazy) so that I only need to care about maintenance. This way I can build any sized VW engine I want, FI it, and enjoy driving rather than tinkering.

NQ
--
Visit the VintagVW archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
    • ... Mike Morehouse
      • ... 'meangreenparts' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
        • ... 'Timothy Osburn' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
      • ... No Quarter
        • ... Mike Morehouse
        • ... Jeffrey Bateman
        • ... Dave C. Bolen
  • Re: ... No Quarter
    • ... Kirin Jacobsen
      • ... No Quarter
    • ... Dave C. Bolen
      • ... No Quarter
      • ... 'Bruce Howard' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
        • ... Dave C. Bolen
          • ... No Quarter
        • ... No Quarter
          • ... Dean Johnson