Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

> These prices are just plain silly.
>
> He's going to manufacture furnaces for the home for $500 each.
>
> Sure he is, like I really believe that...

On the contrary, it is quite believable. The device is only 10 kW, which is
not enough to heat an entire house. It sounds like a stand-alone device,
like a large baseboard electric room heater, or a kerosene heater. A 240 V
5 kW baseboard heater costs $250, so that's right at the same price point.
12 kW kerosene heaters cost $150 to $250.

A small gas furnace designed for central heating, with remote thermostatic
controls and whatnot costs $800 to $1000.