On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> O'Malley <kevmol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>  ***Then as long as those theories can explain this experimental result,
>> everything is in good shape.  Why would you say "That's not good"?
>>
>> This is an experimental finding, not a theory.
>>

> It is not good because the laws of thermodynamics are probably right and
> therefore this experimental result is probably wrong.

***Sounds a lot like the entire field of LENR.

> Until it is widely replicated most people will assume it is wrong.

***Let me see -- LENR, 14,700 replications.  Most people still assume it's
wrong.  There is the distinct possibility that this BEC experiment could be
widely replicated and most people will assume it is wrong.

> The problem there is that people seldom try to replicate results which
> appear to be wrong on the face of it.

***What we have here is an experimental piece of the puzzle that shows BECs
absorb energy and could account for the 2nd miracle of missing gammas in
LENR.  Y E Kim's theory has been given yet another leg up.  First, it was
high temperature BECs forming.  Second, it is that BECs absorb energy.
BECs do not "disobey" the 2nd law of thermodynamics any more than plasmas
do.