http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2011/nov/17/how-to-turn-darkness-into-light

Photons are formed from the vacuum as a part of the virtual particle
formation process. But do photons give up vacuum energy if they
annihilate with their antiparticle? Does the photon have an
antiparticle(antiphoton) that can give back energy to the vacuum?

If there is no anti-photon, won't the virtual photon made real over time
add somehow to the CBR?

Can someone explain how the Casmir virtual photon process works to keep the
vacuum energy balanced at zero?