From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: SV: SV: {W&P} Crimes Against Humanity...

> In a message dated 12/2/01 4:24:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << I wonder what you mean by "impose"? >>
> Getting people to change their way of life to another standard because
> someone is setting in judgement saying "ours" is better than "yours" ...
>
> Sometimes I get the feeling that the leaders of western civilizations live in
> terror of the native peoples in Africa and similiar areas ... because what
> would happen to them and their lifestyles if people like us decided simpler
> was better and left the work force.

A good point. What is this thing "globalization" about? I don't think that the leaders
in the western civizations are as worried as the tycoons in the corporations
boardrooms. What if the majority of the people in the third world decide to go their
own way instead of joining the race for all the stuff they are producing? A terrible
thoght.

What if... Yes, there is a lot of things that could follow, but there is no way that
ALL people will take that stand, unfortunatelly. For most people the struggle for a
better life means owning a radio, a TV, a car or whatever. Not surprising. For those
who has never had those thng they must be the answere to the ultimate success.

I, as an old (older?) man living in Scandinavia, can see why this is so interresting
for the young. I have been young too. To day I live on a small pension in a one room
appartement and have time to sit here and write e-mails, but if I still had been sold
to the living of a high life with all the stuff that I need to prov it's a high life
there would be no time for this writing.

The corporations want you to be interrested in working all day in order to make all
the money to by their stuff and many buy this idea. Only the few can see the trap.

So! A lot of the third world is going to be enrolled in growing crops that can not be
used for getting seeds to the next season. (GMO) Next year new seeds have to be bought
while the crop will be delivered to the seedcompanies. Instead of growing the food
needed in their surrounding population they (and the rest of the population) have to
buy what they need through importing other foodstuffs. All these operations give the
corporations more income and no one else. Sounds like economic slavery, right? If you
buy the sceem!

Claes
§( :8-)

Business-to-employee solutions update from Hewlett-Packard.
Catch this timely, informative, Web seminar on improving
employee performance with intranet capabilities. Enroll
now:
http://click.topica.com/caaaeBgb1dhdKb1tdRUf/HewlettPackard