Hoi,
Apple maps do not provide the same maps (not as up to date) as OSM does for
a country like Haiti. That has nothing to do with "ignoring technical
difficulties" but has everything to do with the quality of the service
provided.

When you consider that work IS done on historic maps in an OSM context it
is again you ignoring functionality that you do no offer. The excuse that
"it is not on the cards" is one from your perspective; one where functional
expectations apparently do not have value.
Thanks,
     GerardM