Yes, I also agree there's no consensus, but remember that this isn't the
English Wikipedia and we don't necessarily do things by consensus. WP:CON
can be useful in group decision making, but we're not bound by it and having
a Wikipedia-style "consensus" for something doesn't necessarily mean it will
or won't happen as the Chapter and the committee have obligations and
responsibilities outside a "consensus" among half-a-dozen people on a
mailing list.

When we were setting up the official wiki, the committee considered using
flagged revs for members.  (see:
http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Resolution:Officialwiki_configuration_and_accounts)
I'm not sure what ended up happening with it or how far we got towards
implementation, but I guess we could consider the possibility of using
flagged revs.

However, I feel that Brianna raised some important issues with regard to
members v non-members editing that can't just be cast aside.

Nick, I also don't think editing privs is an effective draw-card for getting
more members. I can't imagine anyone being motivated to join WMAu so they
can edit the official wiki. But we don't currently have the ability to offer
much in tangible members privs so it counts in "What do I get?".

-Sarah