Yaron,

> - Is CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md now really mandatory?

Always looking for more inputs, but it would be great if you can provide a
proposition.

Scenario: I am new contributor looking at your repository (possibly
would've contributed to couple of repos in the past in Github). As a
maintainer of this repo, how do you want me to know that my interactions
with your product, which might be, but not limited to (1) creating an
improvement with you or the community on your extension (2) asking for
review on an improvement with you or the community on your extension is
secured under the CoC ?

Now, I see this arguments questioning why we would even need a CoC. From my
own experience and interactions with other newcomers - I can assure you
that not everyone got through the first few months on #wikimedia-dev well.
And this do vary a lot when you add diversity to the community (you know
how that works). Anyway, I dont want to defend the need for CoC - as this
is a well studied and documented one.

The next question is always 'is something' better than 'nothing'.

Also, I see that the comments on the Gerrit patch was to the point and
might have been hurtful to you  - but lets not forget that the commit
message on the revert PR[1] was just "No Thanks" and self merged. Now this
is not "what-about-ism" - but probably I think the push back would've been
way lighter if  you would've (1) explained your case clearly there in the
commit and (2) probably came up with alternatives so we could push forward
and (3) not merged it yourself.

[1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/357614/

--
Tony Thomas