On 08/06/2018 06:33, Nischay Nahata wrote:
>  I think that advertising the COC might still have been in "good faith",
> though it should have been done with a mail to the project owners.
>
> But what I find very objecting is the way the two developers have
> communicated on the gerrit thread. Both Antoine and Chad (both senior devs
> that we used to look up to) behaved in a rather dictatorish manner which is
> not even seen around profit making companies. Neither cared to explain and
> discuss on the issue, while Yaron was trying his best to.

Hello,

I disagree with the dictatorship manner, or I would just have force
merged my own patch. I was more waiting for feedback from the repository
owner and engage in a conversation.

I don't have an opinion about the CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md beside that it has
been added on all mediawiki repositories hosted on Gerrit and that it
became the de factor standard on GitHub.  I just happened to notice the
file was missing and for sack of consistency proposed a change to
restore it.

About my comment on Gerrit:

| Well then can we just archive this repository please?

I was reacting to Yaron comment about development happening somewhere else:
| @Ladsgroup - not all of the development of this software is done on
gerrit.wikimedia.org (actually, very little of it is).

With the hasty conclusion on my side that: if the development is not on
Gerrit and Yaron doesn't want the COC.md file, he should be free to move
to a different hosting place.

In restrospective, I got how that could sound as a threat to arbitrarily
delete the repository.  *Yaron I apologize*, that never has been my intent.

One sure thing, I am quite happy the topic get raised to wikitech-l
which has a much larger audience than a single Gerrit change.  We will
see what the outcome happens to be.

cheers,

--
Antoine Musso