Honestly I find forcing documentation into repos to be abrasive, and
overstepping the bounds of the CoC.I also find the behavior of those
pushing such an approach to be hostile and overly aggressive. Why do you
need to force a copy of the CoC into every repo? Why not keep it in a
central location? What kind of mess would you need to cleanup if for some
reason you needed to adjust the contents of that file? Instead of having
one location to update you now have 800+ copies that need fixed.