Hi,

Thanks for the responses so far.

Max Semenik <maxsem.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, users who disagree with the rules of using our resources
shouldn't be using them.

I actually agree with this. However, I'm not aware that needing to have a
CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md file is a "rule" - it was never voted on, never
announced; it was just something a few developers did, and now are
apparently threatening anyone who undoes their handiwork.

> Your
> personal interactions related to these extensions are kinda gray area,

I don't see that - the CoC makes it pretty clear that it applies only in a
pretty finite set of spaces.

> That being said, which parts of the CoC do you have a problem with?

I never said I had a problem with the CoC; I do have various thoughts about
it, but I don't want to include them in this thread, because I don't want
to distract from the main issues.

Chris Koerner <nobelx at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the patch is submitted to a Wikimedia technical space (Gerrit) then
> the submitter would be expected to follow the community expectations
> outlined in the Code of Conduct.

That's true, but to be clear, I was talking about someone emailing a patch
text file to me.

> So, the question I would put to you or anyone asking "Why do I have to
> have this here?" would be, "Does having the Code of Conduct make my
> work in this space easier and more productive?"

Actually, that's not my question - my question is, *do* I have to have this
here? I haven't yet gotten a clear answer on this, except from the crowd
who put that file in in the first place. Max seems to agree that I don't,
although I'm not 100% sure.

Let me state again that I really don't want to talk about the relative
merits of the Code of Conduct. I have a bunch of thoughts about it, which
I'm happy to share with anyone, but not on this thread. Please just assume
for the sake of this discussion that (a) I'm willing to abide by the rules
of the Code of Conduct, and (b) I don't want the CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md file in
my extensions.

-Yaron