Chris Koerner <nobelx at gmail.com> wrote:
> “Please just assume for the sake of this discussion that (a) I'm willing
> to abide by the rules of the Code of Conduct, and (b) I don't want the
> CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md file in my extensions.”
> Ok, hear me out here. What if I told you those two things are
> incompatible? That abiding by the community agreements requires the file
> as an explicit declaration of said agreement. That is to say, if we had
> a discussion about amending the CoC to be explicit about this expectation
> you wouldn’t have issues with including it? Or at least you’d be OK with
> it?

Brian is right that adding a requirement to include this file to the CoC
would be an odd move. But, if it did happen, I don't know - I suppose I'd
have two choices: either include the files or remove my code. I would be an
improvement over the current situation in at least one way: we would know
that rules are still created in an orderly, consensus-like way, as opposed
to now, where a small group of developers can apparently make up rules as
they go along.

-Yaron