On 08/06/2018 15:26, Stephan Gambke wrote:
> Incidentally, what is the procedure to request removal of +2 rights for
> somebody on my extension repo?

Hello,

In Gerrit, the Mediawiki extensions all inherit rights from the
'mediawiki' group which has a lot of people:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/groups/4cdcb3a1ef2e19d73bc9a97f1d0f109d2e0209cd,members

When we debated Gerrit user rights, the agreement was to have all those
people to act as maintainers of all extensions. With the implicit
agreement to not mess around.

I think one of the benefit is you get functions updated magically, get
the latest linters/tests, translations etc.  So it is kind of a
maintenance service offered to any extension hosted on Gerrit.

For Wikimedia deployed extensions, SRE and Release Engineer require
those rights.

Surely for extensions that are actively maintained, the maintainers will
want to review all those changes. At least to be aware of them.  Though
when we do mass changes (update function calls, bump linters
version...), it is convenient to refer to the mediawiki group members
instead of hunting for the proper maintainer.

For the Lingo extension, it is owned by an empty group 'extension-Lingo':
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/groups/d47037083d4a819970a5dda6a95bd503c7897cfd

It still inherits rights mediawiki/extensions.git and thus inherits the
'mediawiki' group ownership.

--
Antoine Musso