    *From:* Eric DaVersa <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    *To:* 'WISPA General List' <mailto:wireless@wispa.org>
    *Sent:* Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:16 PM
    *Subject:* RE: [WISPA] Adzilla & Revenue Streams

    Jory is correct. No part of web content is altered as that is
    copyright infringement and illegal.

    The way the system works is within the existing ecosystem of the
    web publishing and ad serving world. Many web publishers
    (websites) establish relationships with ad servers such as 24/7
    Media, Double Click, etc. because they lack the infrastructure to
    sell advertising nationally. They set up automated communications
    links between each other to serve ads on the websites. There’s a
    financial agreement and structure based on common ad industry specs.

    So in the existing world here’s how it works. Your customer clicks
    on a website. A request for the content is sent to the appropriate
    location where that website’s content is hosted. Within that
    website are banner ads that cycle through. A request is sent (all
    this in real time) from the website to their ad server partners so
    that an ad can get served up. Your customer sees the ad as part of
    the overall web page even though the publisher. The website makes
    money off the ad and you get nothing as the ISP.

    In the Adzilla world it works very much the same way, except that
    on the way out of network core the http traffic request is tagged
    based upon contextual relativity. In real time the Adzilla
    appliance determines if the ad can be replaced if Adzilla has a
    relationship with the ad server or web publisher. In essence, the
    calculation asks, C/an Adzilla serve up a higher paying ad to the
    ad server company?/ If so a more relevant ad is served into the
    website because Adzilla has a relationship with the ad serving
    company.

    What Adzilla has developed is a very unique method to allow ISPs
    to participate in a revenue share of ads running across their
    networks. The percentage of pages surfed that can be “optimized”
    is typically between 5~10% so we’re talking very minimal. But it
    adds up quickly and their reach is growing.

    To be quite honest, it took me a few explanations and a PowerPoint
    before the light clicked on since the ad world was foreign to me.
    Hope this helped explain.

    Eric DaVersa

    Vice-President, Business Development

    **NetLogix**