On 7 Sep 2007, at 00:39, Felix Miata wrote:

On 2007/09/06 20:42 (GMT+0100) Tony Crockford apparently typed:

so, what happens if a user has their default font set larger than the
browser default in this case?

Can't happen. Browser default == user default. :-p

You *know* I meant manufacturer browser default...

so what happens if a user has altered the browser default to a larger size.

does body: 100% mean that all other measurements are then derived from the users, larger font setting?

if so am I safe setting body: 100% and then setting text elements using ems?

if i check in a range of sizes (IE smallest - IE largest) on a range of screens and the design doesn't break - is that okay?

I'm sure it is.