On Wednesday October 12 2016 10:25:00 Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

>I've thought about it.  It would certainly mesh a lot better with macOS than
>X11 does, but AFAIK, nobody has mentioned working on it.  I'd expect a
>discussion in xquartz-dev at least mentioning the project if they were.

Why would it be discussed on the XQuartz list? Wayland isn't X, even if (AFAIK)
there exists an X11-based reference implementation.

The question is of course what point there is to port it. Make it easier to run
Gnome/GTk apps or improve their user-experience? It's not like all legacy X11
applications will all of a sudden be able to render to a Wayland server (unless
I missed something).