All very amusing, but not a fair analogy in any way…

This is not a request for a new or wildly unrelated feature, I already use YJ for browsing, it forms the majority of the way I use it and it does so pretty well. Features such as collections and tag- collections exist already and have nothing to do with searching, they're all about helping the user focus on a subsection of their data. This is just a request for a simple enhancement to make the use of an established feature more friendly and useful.

If you check the YJ website promo blurb you'll find this listed as a highlight…

"Organize your information any way that suits your style, from “everything in one spot” to “organized to the extreme”"

…and elsewhere…

"Collections provide a rich and sophisticated method of organizing the information you store in Yojimbo. Whether you use the built-in Smart Collections or create your own, Yojimbo works with you."

…to my mind "any way that suits your style" and "Yojimbo works with you" indicates that supporting more than one data management methodology is an implicit feature, there is nothing there to indicate that the sole purpose of YJ is to tag and search. Indeed, "organised to the extreme" would seem to suggest the opposite is equally supported.

So to return to your analogy - that hammer was sold to me on the understanding that it supports driving screws into wood, I'm pretty happy with the way it does this but I have some suggestions to make it better. Is that so unreasonable?

T.