You were obviously watching the wrong channel -

The scene: a man breezes into a hardware store carrying a hammer in one hand and a screw in the other. He walks up to the customer service desk with a perplexed look on his face:

Man: I sent my wife in yesterday with this odd hexigonal screw to get a screw driver so I could put together the ikea desk we bought. The clerk sold her this hammer.

Clerk: Well, it will work won't it?

He takes hammer and screw from the man and proceeds to hammer the screw into the service desk.

Clerk: See? It works perfectly!

Man: Uh, right.

The man turns around and walks out shaking his head sadly at the state of customer service in the store.

Man: I wonder it there's intelligent life on Mars. I fear there's none here on earth.