Bill,

I understand that as one of the perversions of some Buddhist sects. Hindu as well. Often certain despised subclasses of people such as the Burakumin in Japan were traditionally relegated to such bad karmic professions by the upper classes in the perverse belief they could escape bad karma that way even if they profited from or ate the results of the slaughterl

Edgar

On Dec 21, 2008, at 4:39 PM, <billsm...@hhs1963.org> wrote:

Edgar, I agree with you, but I must report that Buddhist monks in Thailand
do eat meat but are forbidden to kill or cook it. They also smoke but
cannot light their own cigarette. (This last half is a joke, but the first
half is true.)

I think the key to the Christian comment you made is that the TRULY repent their sins. Then they are forgiven. Of course if they truly repent their
sins you'd think they wouldn't commit them anymore.

...Bill!

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Edgar Owen
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 8:26 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Ducks Have Buddha Nature?

Anthony,

This is a very perverted idea, that one can eat meat without karmic guilt,
if you let someone else do the killing for you and let him get the bad
karma.

It is just as bad as fundamentalists Christian belief that it is OK to sin over and over if at the end one repents his sins and accepts Christ he will
be saved.

Both are perversions.

Edgar