Kirk wrote:

In this respect Zen shares a great deal in common with Sufism, although the
methods might be a great deal different".

I've found it that while sensing through the universal heart beyond any duality
there is no suffism and not even zen.  At those moments there is just,  what
there is there free from any concepts or ideas.   eg: This last July during a
holiday with some members of the family and visiting the place where we were
born and grow I had a severe crisis of mobility. We were hosted in a private
house.  And just the following day of our stay there I had a funny sensation in
my body...and I knew at those moments that mobility crisis was on its way.  In
fact just in a few minutes I tried to leave my bed and fallen on it.  and
couldn't leave it.  (I suffer from a disability in my lower back and sometimes
this leads me to severe crisis of mobility).  As I am very familiar with my
body through the practice of zen I knew at those moments that I had to stay in
bed that day and release that blockage of pain by stopping there just where I
was.  No
 suffism, no mysticism of any kind....Just pure zen.  In the evening our
hostess lend me a crutchet and not only I could leave my bed but also going for
an out dinner.  The pain was still there, the mobility too but under control.
And if you could see the photo the waitress took during that dinner you would
see a shining face, though a bit marked by the pain.  And this is useful zen.

Nice to hear from you again.  Thanks for the chat.
Mayka

This post of course it doesn't intend to be a contradiction to yourself
personal experience.  is intention is only to point it out that when all of a
sudden an event, something happen to us, there is no more to it that just that
present moment.

Mayka