Kirk,

My comments are embedded below:

You wrote:

In my estimation there really is no way to assert what Zen is, whether you are
restricting it to zazen; or opening it to a wider religious and cultural
discussion...
[Bill!]  No way to assert what Zen is?  How sad...

I think it is safe to say that Zen is a path that addresses the experiential
with zazen as its central methodology -- a sort of undoing of yourself, the
conditioned cultural and experiential part of your personality that
continuously reacts and feeds your ego.
[Bill!] Thanks for your assertion of what Zen is!  I feel better now.

database 5441 (20100910) __________