--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "things_rose" <things_r...@...> wrote:

> Hi Bill and Group

> Bill, in a previous post to DP you said something about when one has a
problem with someone, it is never theirs it's always yours.

>  This is something that I have previously found VERY intruiging. I've
investigated it recently in my own
life, to a greater or lesser degree.

Hi Rose,

Could you relate to us your experience when attempting to apply the
principle to some particular situation in your life?

> I seem to be able to *manage* it with small issues, but with big
issues...wow, it's difficult. Can you give us an example of a 'big
issue' which you find hard to manage with that worldview.

> Could you say more about it? What I'd really like is get some real
life (possibly extreme?) examples of how
this has worked out (peace of mind) for you maybe, or for others.

Can you cite a big issue with which you have found difficulty applying
the principle to?

> To my western mind, the idea that *it* is not the other persons
fault/problem is kinda counterintuitive. But I can see the potential for
peace of mind in getting out of this particular habit of mind.

Indeed, the contentious, self-righteous Judeo-Christian mind-set is
extremely difficult to erase.

> This has been swimming around in my brain for days now, so anyone, if
you have any thoughts, that'd be great! And I don't really mean just
soundbites and corny one liners, I mean actual examples from your life.

> Thanks  Rose

Rose, IMO, the best point to start with is with some particular
situation in your life.

Rgds, --ED