If I may jump in here about these important subject matter...

DP asked an excellent question about the nature of illusion. Edgar answered as "chi/tao manifested itself through varius forms of illusion. "

If I may elaborate further...

In Chan, we don't use the term "illusion". You may notice so in all my posts for the last 7/8 years. Chan is defined as the universal life force and wisdom. Edgar called it Tao. Others called it God. Scientists call it Big Ban.

This universal life force, or universal chi for short, manifested everything - planets, air, water, earth, human, trees, flowers - we label them as forms. This universal chi, or mother nature, supports every form in a harmonious way, though every form eventually disappears from our senses. We describe these disappearances as illusive or impermanent.

Therefore, our body, our mind, our thoughts, our words, are all forms, all impermanent, all relative, and all illusive.

Meaning the concept of illusion itself is illusive...

Then, what is reality?  how to experience it?

Chan teaches, "detach from all forms and be in sync with the universal chi."

If I may add, "all forms" includes our thoughts, judgments, analysis, understanding, etc. as well as this post of mine.

JMJM
Head Teacher
Order of Buddha Heart

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com