Oh Mike,

I forgot to mention, that sometimes, we would purposefully throw something out there and see what kind of response we get, so that we know where to go from there.

All for the well being of every sentient being.

If anyone is stuck in his or her own ego, we would divert the subject matter to something more accepting.

In our school, there is only four practices to cover it all -- purification, wisdom, fulfillment, enlightenment.

When we are "pure" enough, we would have no problem to let the inner "wisdom" shine, so that we could "fulfill every encounter".

Without fulfilling every encounter, we could always be affected by "communal karma".

"Getting into the mud to absorb its essence to grow the lotus."

JM

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org