Hi JMJM,

Whether these opinions/conceptions are illusory or otherwise, they are
all mere opinions/conceptions that furnish a framework for some to
'understand' the teacher-student relation; but one can never be certain
one is not fooling oneself.

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming  wrote:

Hi All,

In my limited experience, some teachers are like a tour guide, he tells
us where to go or what to do.  Some teachers are like a mirror, it
reflects the true we, so that we get to know ourselves, to wake us up.

Depending on whether we are the at the stage of seeking inwardly or
outwardly, both type of teachers do have merits.

It all depends on the "I' at that moment in life.

This momentary condition are what we called karmic conditions.

That's life.

:-)

Be Enlightened In This Life - We ALL Can http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
<http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com>  http://www.heartchan.org