Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone

On Oct 28, 2010, at 23:24, Siska <> wrote:

> Agree, a teacher would be nice to have. From where I stand, it is still not a
> "must have", but then again, I'm open to the difference, if perhaps this is
> the way it is in Zen.

At various places on the path, there is a common tendency to fool yourself. A
strong relationship with a teacher makes this fooling yourself much harder.

I had to move away from my teacher two years ago and haven't replaced her, and
I can tell I am missing the interaction of someone who knows me well but is not

Zen is all about face to face teaching. The writing is just entertainment.
Without the practice in non-dual action, the words tend to hide the simple
truth.   I am not talking about the sort of satori experience Bill, but sitting
with no goal is non-dual action. Repeat it and
eventually even one as obtuse as myself notices that non-dual action is
commonplace, the very scaffold of living.