Siska:

Reading books is educative.  Nothing wrong about reading.  A different matter
is how a reading is interpreted, or taking the words from that book as a kind
of ultimate truth and things like that.   For instance a frequent experience
I keep coming across in Internet is the number of people who do zen
readings and afterwards they go to websites pretending that they know a lot
about zen without actually having any direct experience about the subject.  I
have witnessed at times that when a real practitioner has call the attention of
that kind of people with the only intention of helping them, guiding them to
the real thing, these sort of no real practitioners usually get upset and react
as very offended.  So the reading in this case was useless as it added more
new notions into that person mind.  Everything in life is there available to
all of us, it depends upon us how do we use it.  That is our choice.

I hear about Krishnamurti but never met any of his followers before. How long
were you involved in that?. What was your meditative experience under the
subject you mention : "The meditation instruction is only to be aware of what
is at each moment"?.  This sound alike but a little bit more complete as: "To
be aware about all what is going on in the body and the mind plus
surroundings".  which is what  sometimes in theory/ Sometimes in action I base
myself practise.  In addition.  When I'm very full of everything all what I do
it's simply to sit down and breathe.

Still think that if one can find the appropriate Teacher, Guide or Someone
experienced in the practise it will benefit and shorten the fatigue, going in
circles and time. There are many things about us that we can't face by
oneselves alone.  And a Teacher is great for that purpose.  There is also the
problem of the ego which can be at time extremely difficult to be detected if
one doesn't have much experience in the practise.  A zen teacher doesn't do the
job for one.  A zen teacher only gives instructions for one start to uncover
all the layers there....

Nice talking to you
Mayka