From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 3:41 PM

Chris,

Thank you for this post: Every point you make can be a seed for a

potential new and enlightening thread - not necessarily a thread for

discussing individuals, but for probing the pychological and ethical

principles involved.

I do believe that the way you experience me and others is reality for

you. Interesting things happen and truths emerge when people are upset

and speak out. Thank you for your speaking out.

Regards, ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote:

> ED:

> Your posts do have a tendency to come off as being sly and a bit mean,

despite your claim to have transcended karma, I mean Judeo-Christian

notions of morality.

> You will recall that Mayka's posts also rub some people the wrong way,

a phenomenon that has been thoroughly dissected here and attributed to

some interesting linguistic goings on and the off bit of whoop ass.

> Perhaps you will share what you see as the causes for people to

mis-read your intent in your posts. Perhaps you won't trust this forum

that much.

> If you say that the causes are all external to you, I have to comment

that there is not a dividing line between ED and Mayka.

> For the record, I found your use of the word "restrained" to described

Bill's right speech to make me think you were being sly, and your reply

to Mayka to definitely communicate negative emotional content.

> Thanks,

> Chris Austin-Lane, who definitely is more likely to post here when

upset than when not upset

> > Mayka:

> > Is it mama patting Billy on the head for being a good boy?

> > Or is it a product of the fecal finger-pointing Judeo-Christian

tradition?

> > Or is it the historical Spanish inquisitorial spirit rearing its

ugly head?

> > Or is it something else?

> > --ED

> > > Bill:

> > > You would have been in your right not to give a reply to malicious

posting.

> > > Mayka

> > > Ed and Kristy,

> > > I didn't mean to be overly restrained. I can only give you my

impressions of them before they became Dharma successors and were just

two of a group of monks and students at the center - albeit 2 of the

most senior and seemingly advanced students. I will say that I was

always more comfortable with Bernie then Gempo. Gempo just seemed a

little less approachable, but I've always just wrote that off as just a

personality mismatch.