Definitions of karma on the Web:
    * (Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that
determine his destiny in his next incarnation
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn%\
3Fs%3Dkarma&sa=X&ei=JYXmTPXQNpTknQe42IjFDQ&ved=0CBwQpAMoAA&usg=AFQjCNEs3\
UduZIbzt3fiaXr44zni83ybyQ>

    * Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म , '' "act, action, performance";
Pali: kamma'') in Indian religions is the concept of "action" or "deed",
understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect
(i.e., the cycle called saṃsâra) originating in ancient India
and treated in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma&sa=X&ei=\
JYXmTPXQNpTknQe42IjFDQ&ved=0CB0QpAMoAQ&usg=AFQjCNHN8O-souF-8O2dQlvFzNctd\
lRkig>

In some way, shape or form, 'cause and effect' or 'action and reaction'
can usually or often be seen in human, animal and other interactions. In
Hinduism/Buddhism this is declared to be a universal equalizer, when
operating over lifetimes.

In Hinduism/Buddhism, belief in the law of karma which that will
inevitably punish or reward is a premise that substitutes for a
justice-seeking conceptual entity called Hashem (G-d), God or Allah in
the Abrahamic religions.

In Abrahamic religions this law of action/reaction can be supended by
declaring oneself to be an innocent victim, and the other side to be
demonic evil-doers. This by-passing of the law of karma is a privilege
usually granted to the more powerful side only.

In addition:

A magic extinction of karma occurs for those who are of the seed of
Abraham, or is it the ova of Sarah?

A magic erasure of karma occurs for those who believe in Jesus.

A magic erasure of karma plus seventy-two virgins is the payback
expected by those who believe that they are fighting for their rights
(Jihad) against congenitally venal and exploitive infidel powers,
talented in accidentally and innocently inflicting massive collateral
damage.

Buddhism and Hinduism have only one (egalitarian) escape route: Become
enlightened.

--ED