From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 19 November, 2010, 10:58 PM

Definitions of karma on the Web:

(Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his
destiny in his next incarnation
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Karma (Sanskrit: рдХрд░реНрдо , '' "act, action, performance"; Pali: kamma'')
in Indian religions is the concept of "action" or "deed", understood as that
which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called
saс╣Гsтra) originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

In some way, shape or form, 'cause and effect' or 'action and reaction' can
usually or often be seen in human, animal and other interactions. In
Hinduism/Buddhism this is declared to be a universal equalizer, when operating
over lifetimes.
In Hinduism/Buddhism, belief in the law of karma which that will inevitably
punish or reward is a premise that substitutes for a justice-seeking conceptual
entity called Hashem (G-d), God or Allah in the Abrahamic religions.
In Abrahamic religions this law of action/reaction can be supended by declaring
oneself to be an innocent victim, and the other side to be demonic evil-doers.
This by-passing of the law of karma is a privilege usually granted to the more
powerful side only.
In addition:
A magic extinction of karma occurs for those who are of the seed of Abraham, or
is it the ova of Sarah?
A magic erasure of karma occurs for those who believe in Jesus.
A magic erasure of karma plus seventy-two virgins is the payback expected by
those who believe that they are fighting for their rights (Jihad) against
congenitally venal and exploitive infidel powers, talented in accidentally and
innocently inflicting massive collateral damage.
Buddhism and Hinduism have only one (egalitarian) escape route: Become
enlightened.
--ED