Google[zen maryland]   My goodness!  So many zen facilities in Maryland!
--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote:

On Nov 16, 2010, at 9:18, Kristy McClain <healthypl...@...
</group/Zen_Forum/post?postID=CbdC4D4lZXP6mOiH82WhehIJMb4JaSThRqTsz80RqD\
nchSn700pN_C1Mocgvg5Ra2mx5haAhKFey-XBXFvwwrYs> > wrote:

Gosh-- I didn't realize you lived in CA. For some reason, I thought you
lived in MD.
I have been in California only two years and on this list constantly
refer to my Maryland teacher and Sangha as I have not found a sangha or
teacher here that I can sit with weekly.
( snip )
  as an exercise  junkie,  I will point out that cycling uses more kcals
than walking.

Per hour perhaps but definitely not per mile.
All the complicated heart stuff I snipped out, it is too complicated for
me. Although I had to relent on my no sweating rule. I just can't go up
hills and not sweat. My general rule about changing any sort of
measurable habit for myself is go very slowly, like 1% per week, and
don't look at change except in blocks of seasons.

Thanks,  Chris Austin-Lane