On Nov 16, 2010, at 9:18, Kristy McClain <healthypl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Gosh-- I didn't realize you lived in CA. For some reason, I thought you lived
> in MD.

I have been in California only two years and on this list constantly refer to
my Maryland teacher and Sangha as I have not found a sangha or teacher here
that I can sit with weekly.

( snip )

>  as an exercise  junkie,  I will point out that cycling uses more kcals than
> walking.

Per hour perhaps but definitely not per mile.

All the complicated heart stuff I snipped out, it is too complicated for me.
Although I had to relent on my no sweating rule. I just can't go up hills and
not sweat. My general rule about changing any sort of measurable habit for
myself is go very slowly, like 1% per week, and don't look at change except in
blocks of seasons.

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone