From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 21 November, 2010, 9:59 PM

Anthony,
'Atrocities' from your perspective and mine, but not necessarily from their own
perspectives.
They might well have believed that they 'were doing the right thing' like GWB
and Tony Blair said they they were doing when they unleashed the invasion of
Iraq with 'shock and awe', which invasion has resulted in
horrendous destruction in Iraq, and the deaths of hundreds of thousands of
Iraqi Muslims.

Bill,

Chris' theory applies to you and Chris himself, but not to someone like Hitler
or Pol Pot. They committed atrocities without compunction. No suffering in any
part of their bodies and minds.

Anthony

As most of you already know I believe karma as understood of a kind of
'spiritual cause-and-effect' is illusory - both the short- and long-term
version.

I do, however, think Chris' interpretation below that identifies karma as part
of the action (instead of a result of the action) has a lot of merit. If I were
to believe in karma it would be something along these lines.