Your first statement is true. Your second half of your second statement is filled with fear and uncertainty from your mind.

We were all originally enlightened. When the fear and suspicion from our mind disappear, we may just realize that we are not that far.

While Ed continues to research and discuss and trying to understand, perhaps you can stop circulating and trust yourself, that you can. We all can.

On 11/16/2010 12:13 PM, Anthony Wu wrote:

Most of us are deeply bound by karma so that we are bored by 'just this'. I believe we can find satisfaction by just sitting down and eventual enlightenment, but we are way from that 'goal'. So perhaps Bill can improve his way of teaching like guiding children away from their toys.

--- On *Tue, 16/11/10, Maria Lopez /<>/* wrote:

    From: Maria Lopez <>
    Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
    Date: Tuesday, 16 November, 2010, 7:17 PM

    / /
    /Thank you for both links.  It's been particularly interesting
    reading controversial Brad W reply in connection with Big Mind and
    Genpo Roshi...and my conclusion about the whole thing is,  that
    hearts feel profoundly grateful for having found Thich Nhat Hanh
    dharma in those years in which his home was not too crowded, not
    too  polluted by westerners speculation, aggression and most of it
    self, ego.  There are teachings that shouldn't be passed onto
    westerners in such a light way.  Big Mind might be one of those (I
wouln't know because first hearing was in American websites) . And yet there is the possibility that in the original eastern
    environment (perhaps under a differente name)  have the effect of
    a most powerful way of breaking through the self by exposing it.
    Building up a bond in the process with other practitioners sailing
    in the same boat./
    / /
    /People don't want the simplicity of Buddhism and not certainly
    zen.  I wouldn't put the blame to anyone but just in oneself
    incapacity of seeing what is there presented in simplicity.  For
    instance Anthony himself has  pointed out more than once the
    boredom of "just this" or sitting down.  We look for excitement
    all the time.  No one external to blame afterwards if we get hurt
    but just oneselves// /