Dave,

At the risk of pushing too many of your buttons, in regards to
uncertainty, we don't just "live with it", we embrace it.  We relish it.
It is our home.  Uncertainty is the reality of life.  Struture and
control are illusions.  We need to abandon all attempts to control our
lives.  Efforts to do so will just lead to disappointment and dispair -
sufferring.

This is what is meant in some zen stories and koans when it is said we
must 'jump into the abyss' or 'leap from a 100-foot pole'.

...Bill!

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Mel <gunnar19632000@...> wrote:

> Hi Dave
> We  just live with it. I don't know how else to put it. This is
where zazen and the teaching of emptiness comes into play. This is being
evangelistic, but without faith in Buddha/original self/BigMind then
things are that much harder. Only you can save yourself
> For example, some people say we're all going to die in 2012. So be
it. One incredible pain, and then..well....gone. Everything gone. And
then some in the scientific and religious communities say
it's all one big lie. Who do we believe? It's all so uncertain. So, we
just live with it..this uncertainty in whatever form it takes