That sounds like a plan! How familiar are you with Metta? I was thinking that instead of working heavily on Metta might be a better idea at first. Starting by telling myself that even if I get something wrong, I'm still okay. Is that a wise idea? Dave
--- In [email protected], Anthony Wu <wu...@...> wrote: > > Dave, > > Don't take uncertainty lightly. It is a difficult problem. I have uncertainty > too. > > Though I understand it is, at least in part. caused by a strong ego, I cannot > overcome ego either. So lets work together. > > Anthony > > --- On Thu, 13/1/11, Dave P <wookielife...@...> wrote: > > From: Dave P <wookielife...@...> > Subject: [Zen] Re: So what should I do? > To: [email protected] > Date: Thursday, 13 January, 2011, 6:47 AM > > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > > > I understand where you're coming from, but for me the problem is > contamination. Since everyone has a desire to be healthy, I don't know what's > a healthy way of avoiding contamination and what's an unhealthy way. > > > > How do you deal with the uncertainty? > > > > --- In [email protected], "SteveW" <eugnostos2000@> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > --- In [email protected], "Dave P" <wookielifeday@> wrote: > > > > > > > > I've been trying to keep up with the zazen, mostly with success, and > > > keeping up with the mindfulness, but I still have the nagging question > > > that troubles my OCD: > > > > > > > > What do I do when, in order to confront my OCD, I must do something that > > > feels "wrong," that feels like I'm endangering myself? > > > > > > > > I know you're not experts on OCD, but you must have had some experience > > > with a fear that seemed completely rational. It is, of course, the > > > uncertainty that hurts the most. Any suggestions? > > > > > > > Hi Dave. When I was younger, I was troubled by obssesive checking > > behavior. I have found that, for me, it is a matter of just being mindful > > of the anxiety, as it arises, without either trying to run away from it or > > run toward it. And then I choose to do something else that is unrelated in > > order to redirect my attention. In my case, I enjoy karate, so I would go > > work on a kata, or form exercise. But any activity that you enjoy will do. > > The OCD is just a glitch in your amygdala brain center. Just be mindful of > > it, label it as just a glitch that is not really "you", and then redirect > > your attention to something else. Worked for me. > > > Steve > > > > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
