On 6/18/12 12:19 AM, Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
Hi Carson,

    I have 2 Sans Digital TR8X JBOD enclosures, and they work very well.
    They also make a 4-bay TR4X.

    http://www.sansdigital.com/towerraid/tr4xb.html
    http://www.sansdigital.com/towerraid/tr8xb.html

looks nice! The only thing coming to mind is that according to the
specifications the enclosure is 3Gbits "only". If I choose to put in a
SSD with 6Gbits this would be not optimal. I looked at their site but
failed to find 6GBit enclosures. But I will keep looking since sooner or
later they will provide it.

The JBOD enclosures are completely passive. I can't imagine any reason they wouldn't support 6Gbit SATA/SAS - there are no electronics in them, just wire routing.

--
Carson