--On 22. Januar 2008 21:17:45 -0500 Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Dieter Maurer wrote:
"OracleStorage" was abandoned because it was almost an order
or magnitude slower than "FileStorage".

Actually, Lovely Systems uses PGStorage because it is faster for them.

It would be interesting where PGS is faster than filestorage. Ok, I just tried made a simple benchmark for testing write performance. I created a Plone site and then created a copy using copy/paste within the ZMI.
(AMD Dualcore 2.6 GHz, Postgres 7.4.7 running on dedicated DB server):

Copy&Paste using Filestorage: 3-4 seconds
Copy&Paste using PGStorage: 30-40 seconds

I doubt that one could optimize the write performance using PGStorage
significantly. DCOracleStorage had a similar bad performance compared to Filestorage (10 times slower as far as I can remember).

Andreas